At Rufus and Delilah, we offer in home pet sitting rather than dog boarding so each client’s dogs can stay in their own home, in the environment they know and love, when their pet parents travel. Not only does this limit anxiety for some dogs when their family is away, it allows their dogs to receive personalized one on one attention that is custom tailored to each dog’s needs, while offering clients the opportunity to have a pet care professional care for their home as well. There are other benefits when keeping your dogs at home while you are away including keeping your dogs on a regular potty routine going outside as needed rather than having to potty indoors when boarding. Staying at home also eliminates some dogs from over exerting themselves playing all day and reduces the risk of dogs not getting along or getting sick from each other.
However, we know there are many pet parents who prefer to board their dogs when they are away and find this to be a great option that works well for their pooches. When we receive inquiries for dog boarding, we are often asked to recommend local places that board. Although we don’t like to put the Rufus and Delilah name behind services we haven’t used for our own pets, we did our own research to find 5 businesses offering dog boarding in Sherman Oaks and nearby cities.
5 Options for Dog Boarding In Sherman Oaks And Nearby Cities
- K9 Loft has a Sherman Oaks location at 14257 Ventura Boulevard east of Beverly Glen. They offer both boarding and doggy day care with 24 hour supervision 7 days a week in a climate controlled environment with access to viewing your dog(s) from their webcams during business hours. When staying at K9 Loft, dogs spend the day playing in a supervised free play area and then spend the nights in a private individual sleeping area.
- Pet Rock Hotel & Spa is located in Encino at 17401 Ventura Boulevard west of Louise Avenue. They offer both boarding and doggy day care in a climate controlled environment but they do not offer 24 hour supervision. When dogs board at Pet Rock Hotel & Spa, you can choose a penthouse or a suite for your dog(s) stay. Dogs get one hour of playtime and 2 walks a day included with their stay.
- Four Paws Day Care is located in Studio City at 13125 Ventura Boulevard west of Coldwater Canyon. They offer both dog boarding and doggy day care with 24 hour supervision in a climate controlled environment with access to viewing your dog(s) from their webcams. When staying at Four Paws Day Care, dogs spend their days in free play with other dogs and then they spend their nights in individual dog runs.
- Sam’s Green Paw is located in Studio City at 11450 Ventura Boulevard east of Colfax Avenue. They offer both boarding and doggy day care with 24 hour supervision in a climate controlled environment with access to viewing your dog(s) from their webcams. Dogs spend their days and nights at Sam’s Green Paw in one large open communal space where they can play and sleep.
- Bone Sweet Bone is located in Studio City at 11326 Ventura Boulevard east of Tujunga Avenue. They offer both boarding and doggy day care with 24 hour supervision in a climate controlled environment. Dogs spend their days and nights at Bone Sweet Bone in one large open communal space where they can play and sleep.
If you are in the market for finding a place for dog boarding in Sherman Oaks or nearby cities, the above is only a list we compiled to help with your search. We feel it is important to always visit the location you are considering and to ask specific questions to make sure you are making the best decision for your dog(s) care.
Be sure to check out our article on Dog Boarding In Sherman Oaks And Nearby Cities – Part II detailing questions to ask dog boarding businesses to help decide if they are the right fit for you and your dog(s).
If you board your own dogs, what do you look for to help you decide where to leave your fur-babies?
I am a fellow dog walker/pet sitter in NC, and also offer overnight visits in my clients’ homes only. It truly is a wonderful way of keeping the pups’ routines as uninterrupted as possible while their owners are out of town, and it is a more economical option for clients who have 2+ dogs.
I once inquired about boarding my own dogs for an extended weekend at a daycare/boarding facility, where the pups went for play & swim sessions every now & then. I believe in daily walks for our pups, so I was excited when I read that the price for boarding our pups included 3 daily walks.
When I asked about the length of the walks & where they would be walked, it turned out that they weren’t really walks, but potty breaks on the boarding facility grounds. That was a bummer ~ so definitely always visit the place first, and inquire, inquire, inquire about everything!! I would also never board our pups at a place that doesn’t have 24 hour supervision and that doesn’t have webcams. I want to be able to check in on my pups to see that they’re well taken care of!
I DON’T HAVE PETS, But this is good information to have and share with those that have pets.
We also like for our clients to have the option for their pets to stay at their own home when their pet parents and family are away. For my own dogs, I think they would be very confused going potty indoors and I wouldn’t like them doing that. I also would be very unhappy if there wasn’t 24 hour supervision or rest time in the day so they don’t get over tired. I see many red flags with boarding but I know there are many pet parents who love this option and their dogs like it as well. It is nice there are several types of services to choose from to meet each clients and pets needs.
We are glad you found this article to be good information to share with those who have pets.
I think that pet sitting is a great service. As a cat owner, I can really appreciate that someone would be able to come to my home and care for my cats just the way I would. Cats have a lot of anxiety problems in boarding situations. It is good to see that there are some trustworthy places to board pets in your area 🙂
We prefer for all our clients pets to be able to stay in their own home and environment that they know and love when their pet parents are away. I know with my own dogs, even when they stay at their grand-pawrents house that they sometimes come home with diarrhea from missing us and their home.
I hope people in your area will utilize this information when they’re looking for boarding options. It’s so tough to leave pets behind when we travel, and it really helps to feel good about your boarding options. Thanks for sharing!
It is amazing to us all the different things you need to consider when boarding your dogs. For my own dogs, I prefer for them to stay home when we are away but if we ever had to board, we would need to do a lot of research first.