At Rufus and Delilah, we offer in home pet sitting rather than dog boarding so each client’s dogs can stay in their own home, in the environment they know and love, when their pet parents travel. Not only does this limit anxiety for some dogs when their family is away, it allows their dogs to receive personalized one on one attention that is custom tailored to each dog’s needs, while offering clients the opportunity to have a pet care professional care for their home as well. There are other benefits when keeping your dogs at home while you are away including keeping your dogs on a regular potty routine going outside as needed rather than having to potty indoors when boarding. Staying at home also eliminates some dogs from over exerting themselves playing all day and reduces the risk of dogs not getting along or getting sick from each other.
However, we know there are many pet parents who prefer to board their dogs when they are away and find this to be a great option that works well for their pooches. When we receive inquiries for dog boarding, we are often asked to recommend local places that board. Although we don’t like to put the Rufus and Delilah name behind services we haven’t used for our own pets, we did our own research to find 5 businesses offering dog boarding in Sherman Oaks and nearby cities.
5 Options for Dog Boarding In Sherman Oaks And Nearby Cities
- K9 Loft has a Sherman Oaks location at 14257 Ventura Boulevard east of Beverly Glen. They offer both boarding and doggy day care with 24 hour supervision 7 days a week in a climate controlled environment with access to viewing your dog(s) from their webcams during business hours. When staying at K9 Loft, dogs spend the day playing in a supervised free play area and then spend the nights in a private individual sleeping area.
- Pet Rock Hotel & Spa is located in Encino at 17401 Ventura Boulevard west of Louise Avenue. They offer both boarding and doggy day care in a climate controlled environment but they do not offer 24 hour supervision. When dogs board at Pet Rock Hotel & Spa, you can choose a penthouse or a suite for your dog(s) stay. Dogs get one hour of playtime and 2 walks a day included with their stay.
- Four Paws Day Care is located in Studio City at 13125 Ventura Boulevard west of Coldwater Canyon. They offer both dog boarding and doggy day care with 24 hour supervision in a climate controlled environment with access to viewing your dog(s) from their webcams. When staying at Four Paws Day Care, dogs spend their days in free play with other dogs and then they spend their nights in individual dog runs.
- Sam’s Green Paw is located in Studio City at 11450 Ventura Boulevard east of Colfax Avenue. They offer both boarding and doggy day care with 24 hour supervision in a climate controlled environment with access to viewing your dog(s) from their webcams. Dogs spend their days and nights at Sam’s Green Paw in one large open communal space where they can play and sleep.
- Bone Sweet Bone is located in Studio City at 11326 Ventura Boulevard east of Tujunga Avenue. They offer both boarding and doggy day care with 24 hour supervision in a climate controlled environment. Dogs spend their days and nights at Bone Sweet Bone in one large open communal space where they can play and sleep.
If you are in the market for finding a place for dog boarding in Sherman Oaks or nearby cities, the above is only a list we compiled to help with your search. We feel it is important to always visit the location you are considering and to ask specific questions to make sure you are making the best decision for your dog(s) care.
Be sure to check out our article on Dog Boarding In Sherman Oaks And Nearby Cities – Part II detailing questions to ask dog boarding businesses to help decide if they are the right fit for you and your dog(s).
If you board your own dogs, what do you look for to help you decide where to leave your fur-babies?