The Professional Pet Sitters Week which is from March 5th to March 11th is a great opportunity to celebrate and thank pet sitters for their hard work and dedication when caring for clients’ pets. Just like the description implies, professional pet sitters are professionals who go out of their way providing care for clients’ pets while allowing them to stay in the home and environment they know and love when their pet parents are away, which isn’t always an easy job!
Aside from being a time to honor professional pet sitters who offer quality, reliable care for clients’ pets all year round, the Professional Pet Sitters’ Week is also a time to share what pet sitters do and stress the importance of using professional pet sitters to pet parents.
Below are some of the features and responsibilities of professional pet sitters that we want to highlight for Professional Pet Sitters Week:
- Professional pet sitters are experienced and prepared to work with pets of different personalities. They have the know-how to tailor your pet’s care based on their individual needs, habits, fears, likes, and dislikes. They are accustomed to working with pets that have special needs. They know the questions to ask to make sure they have all the information they need when caring for a clients’ pets and home.
- While having your friends, neighbors or family care for your pet may seem like the logical option, professional pet sitters have the know-how necessary to care for your pets. They are not hobbyists and they will always show up to get the job done. You would be surprised at the number of phone calls and emails we get from potential clients at the last minute saying they need to hire us after their friend or neighbor backed out leaving them with no one to care for their pets. If you are still not convinced, you may like this article on Why Hire A Professional Dog Walker Verus A Friend Or Neighbor.
- Professional pet sitters know how to identify and avoid possibly dangerous circumstances, and when necessary, can react swiftly and effectively as situation demands.
- Many are trained in animal first aid and safety. They know how to safely administer medications to your pets. They are also committed to delivering outstanding care ensuring client satisfaction.
- Using professional pet sitters allows pets to feel safe in the comfort of their familiar environment – their own home surrounded by familiar sounds, smells, and sights. Pets won’t be exposed to other animals and won’t be at risk for related injuries or sicknesses.
- Pets are able to maintain regular diet and exercise routines and enjoy anticipated play time in a familiar setting. Pet sitters can also handle grooming and vet visits while you’re away from home.
- Sometimes pets get sick, or there are messes to clean up, professional pet sitters clean up every mess without flinching. They also get attached and will give each clients pet lots of TLC if they are sick.
- Are you impulsive? Or preparing for those spontaneous trips? All it takes to keep everything running smoothly at the home front is locating a professional pet sitter. Pet sitters can be relied upon to fulfill all of your pet care requests on time, and have a backup in case of emergencies, or illness.
Having explained most of what all professional pet sitters do, it would be great to make good use of the opportunity the Professional Pet Sitters Week proffers to celebrate what pet sitters do. If you like, you can also thank pet sitters for their hard work and dedication when caring for clients’ pets. Other ways to celebrate the Professional Pet Sitters Week is to include activities such as sending a “Thank you” card or offering a tip or small gift to your pet sitter, or making donations to local pet organizations or shelters on their behalf. If you have a pet sitter, will you do something to honor them for Professional Pet Sitters Week?