I love dogs and I love to shop. I figured who would be better than a dog crazy mom, who loves her fashion, to put together not only a list of holiday gifts for dog lovers but to make it specific for fashionable female dog lovers. Even just the thought of combining these two things I love, makes me giddy. While I am not a fan of collecting chachkis or being given gifts for my home, the one gift I always love receiving is something with dogs on it. I am always on the search for a cool dog item I can wear, carry with me, or share with someone else. Call me dogcentric!
My favorite categories for shopping for fashionable dog related items are clothes, shoes, gear to make it easier to take your dog on the go, and jewelry. Check out my list of fashionable holiday gifts for dog lovers that are guaranteed to be a hit.
Clothes for Dog Lovers
- PJ Salvage makes fun, comfortable, and excellent quality dog themed pajamas in three categories; Collections, Flannels, and Thermals. Scroll through each link to see the adorable options! Separates and sets range from $36 to $100.
- Sweaters are a perfect winter gift for female dog lovers and can be found all over the internet and at local stores. Below are my three favorite picks.
Shoes for Dog Lovers
- The ASPCA and Vans put out dog and cat themed shoes to help support animal prevention abuse. Check out the ASPCA Dog Slip-On. Sizes are currently limited and the price is $55.
- For the fashionista, if you have a bigger budget, check out these Marc by Marc Jacobs Dog Suede & Leather Laceless Sneakers for $298 at Saks.
- What woman doesn’t love slippers? BunnySlippers.com has an extensive slipper dog collection. Prices range from $24.95 to $34.95 depending on the breed/style. My husband surprised me with the Bulldog Animal Slippers after seeing an advertisement for them on Facebook. I love them! They are super comfortable. My English Bulldog, Beatrice, loves them too!
- As a dog lover, who wouldn’t want to wear boots with dogs on them when it is raining? Check out these Women’s Joules Rain Boot – Dog Print from Target for $69.99.
Gear To Make It Easier For Dog Lovers To Take Your Dog On The Go
- For the doggy mom who likes to take her dog on the go but whose dog doesn’t like to walk a lot of distance, check out Pet Strollers by Pet Gear Inc. Before we added Florence, our French Bulldog, to our family, we bought Beatrice a stroller so we could take her with us on longer walks than she could do on her own.
- For the female dog lover who likes to carry her small dog with her when running errands, there are a plethora of brands that sell dog carrier bags from haute couture to everyday affordable brands. The most expensive pet carriers I found are Louis Vuitton Dog Carriers. There are two options both over $2500. Still expensive but more affordable for the lady who wants a designer brand is this Tory Burch Wool Pet Tote for $295. A less expensive option but still more money than most people may spend is this Dogs of Glamour Classic Tote – Quilt for $209.99 at Felix Chien. For great looking pet carriers that are more affordable, check out this Zack & Zoey Croco Pet Carrier Tote for $59.99 or this Bark N Bag Monaco Tote at $69.99 also available online at Felix Chien. To see more designer dog purses, go to Felix Chien.
- Help keep your female dog lovers car seats clean and protected from doggy fur, doggy slobber, and doggy paws with a car seat cover. I love the cover I use from 4Knines for my dogs, Beatrice and Florence, for their daily car ride. The quality is excellent and it looks really nice in my car.
- If the female dog lover in your life needs help getting her pooch(es) in and out of her car, how about giving the gift of a pet ramp or pet stairs from Pet Gear Inc. to help save her back?
Jewelry for Dog Lovers
- For the diamond dog loving lady, who loves her real diamond jewelry, Ellie Rocks NYC has a unique and very exquisite collection of diamond dog jewelry. This is for the gift giver with deep pockets. Be sure to look at ‘Collection’ link on Ellie Rocks NYC website for the amazing pendant, ring, and earring collections.
- For less expensive but still beautiful jewelry options, check out this Tiffany & Co. Scottie Dog Tag Charm at $125 or this Dogeared ‘Reminder -Dog Lover’ Boxed Pendant Necklace available at Nordstroms for $52.
Other great holiday gifts for fashionable female dog lovers are books about dogs, art with dogs, custom or professional photographs of your female dog lovers’ dog, and dog stationery.
Which of these holiday gifts for fashionable female dog lovers would the female in your life like to receive? Is there another gift you would give that isn’t listed? Perhaps a new dog?