Top 15 Questions to ask when hiring a pet sitter
- How long have you been working as a pet sitter?
- Are you insured and bonded? Feel free to ask for a copy of their insurance.
- Do you have references I can call?
- What kinds of pets do you care for regularly?
- What kind of services do you offer?
- What do you charge?
- Do you have a backup plan if you get sick or injured and can’t make it to care for my pet(s)?
- Will I get to meet my sitter for a complimentary consultation before the visits start?
- Do you bring your own pet, other people’s pets, or anyone else with you when you care for client’s pets?
- If you have a dog ask when on walks if they are going to introduce your dog to other dogs. (Even the friendliest of dogs are not always friendly.)
- If you have a cat who is shy and hides, ask if they will stay the full length of the visit booked even if your cat is going to hide or doesn’t want attention.
- Can you give medication to my pet(s) if needed and is there an additional charge?
- How will I know if you came for the visits?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- When is payment due?
Did you find these questions useful? Do you have other questions you think should be added to this list?