Overnight pet sitting is a popular request when pet parents go away leaving their dogs and cats at home.
Not only does overnight pet sitting allow your dogs and cats to stay in the environment they know and love, it allows them to have more time with their pet sitter compared to just two or three visits a day for 30, 45, or 60 minutes.
When prospective clients contact us at Rufus and Delilah about overnight stays they often ask what’s included, how long is the overnight stay, and what is the cost.
Below are standard services included in our overnight stays.
- Giving lots of love and attention
- Providing meals at the appropriate times and treats if allowed
- Giving medication if needed
- Taking the dogs for a short walk in the evening and morning
- Daily scooping of litter-boxes for cats and a full cleaning when or if needed
- Playtime and cuddling
- Brushing if requested
- Sleeping in bed with the pets if that’s what they are used to at night
- Taking in of mail, newspapers, and packages
- Watering plants
- Taking out trash
- Updating the client via email or phone
- More love, playtime, and snuggling
- Anything else that may be needed to help keep your home running properly for you and your pets
- Hand written notes with details of our time together with your pet(s)
How long is an overnight stay and how much does it cost?
Overnight stays vary in length of time from pet sitter to pet sitter. At Rufus and Delilah, we offer 3 different options that vary in length. Our shortest overnight stay is 10 hours from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. and the price starts at $75 for one pet. We then offer a 12 hour overnight stay from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m. and the price starts at $85 for one pet. The longest overnight stay we offer is 14 hours from 6 p.m. to 8 a.m. and the price starts at $95 for one pet. Pet sitting visits during the day time may be added for more love, attention, and walks for dogs.
Overnight stays are a popular request and availability may be limited if you do not plan ahead. Our article on What Kind Of Notice Do I Need To Give When Hiring A Pet Sitter For The First Time may be useful to help determine how far in advance you may want to request your overnight stays.
If you are unsure if overnight pet sitting or multiple pet sitting visits is the right fit for you and your pets, you may like our article on Pet Sitting In Sherman Oaks – 6 Questions To Ask Yourself To Help Determine Whether Overnight Pet Sitting Or Multiple Daily Pet Sitting Visits Is The Right Fit For Your And Your Pets.
Do you book overnight stays for your pets? How long does your sitter stay and what other services do they provide?